usual suspects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

usual suspects

Forum for Petrol Heads

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got it back!

Go down 
+2
K9ng
Billy Bob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Billy Bob
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Billy Bob

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 3:55 pm

My car is now back!! I was going to wait till we next met to unveil it, but I think since we have this forum I should show you a picture of the cosmetic mods I have done to the car - I can't wait to see what you think.

Got it back! R3310

Got a really excellent deal on the new plate - pretty cool huh!
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:16 am

Good to see you got your front splitter sorted - not sure about the gold wheels though Smile

J
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

Number of posts : 138

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 4:12 am

Not bad that, shame there is a poxy Supra trying to steal the limelight as usual elephant
Back to top Go down
https://usualsuspects.forumotion.com
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

Number of posts : 102

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 6:23 am

Don't say that I love Supras - they are so much sexier looking and reliable than liners - one day I will be like Keith cheers
Back to top Go down
Billy Bob
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Billy Bob

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:03 am

Jet Slag wrote:
Don't say that I love Supras - they are so much sexier looking and reliable than liners - one day I will be like Keith cheers

I'm now very worried for your well being mate. I know a really good psychologist - give me a call.
Back to top Go down
Billy Bob
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Billy Bob

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:11 am

Ok, so that was boring.... I was joking about the mods, but nobody bit! tongue

The car is indeed back though. New exhaust, new gaskets, s/h R34 turbos, new ECU, and a couple of other things as well. Done a couple of long test drives and it seems to be working alright so far (touch wood).

Unfortunately it turns out I can't repair my splitter without it costing silly money, so I sourced one from a place in Milton Keynes (the one shown in the pic above) - not sure whether it'll fit my brake ducts yet, but it's £300 cash on a pre-xmas deal so I might take a chance and drive down there to have a looksee.

Just got to sort out a gearbox recon, racing cat, tracking, and an oil cooler now! Spend, spend, spend....
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:34 am

Billy Bob wrote:
Just got to sort out a gearbox recon, racing cat, tracking, and an oil cooler now! Spend, spend, spend....

Or just junk it and buy that lovely blue Supra Wink

Glad to hear its back and going ok though cheers
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:44 am

Billy Bob wrote:
Ok, so that was boring.... I was joking about the mods, but nobody bit! tongue

The car is indeed back though. New exhaust, new gaskets, s/h R34 turbos, new ECU, and a couple of other things as well. Done a couple of long test drives and it seems to be working alright so far (touch wood).

Unfortunately it turns out I can't repair my splitter without it costing silly money, so I sourced one from a place in Milton Keynes (the one shown in the pic above) - not sure whether it'll fit my brake ducts yet, but it's £300 cash on a pre-xmas deal so I might take a chance and drive down there to have a looksee.

Thats good to hear James glad you got it back and it did'nt take too long in the end! Whats it go like now??
Back to top Go down
Billy Bob
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Billy Bob

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:41 am

Drives very nicely now. I might be my imagination, but it almost feels like it's spooling up quicker and a lot more free-revving than before. Drove up over the Cat and Fiddle (my favourite road) yesterday, but it was a way too icy to push it hard enough to see. Few motorway blasts here and there sort of give me the impression it's back to its best again. I need to do a track day (sooooon!) to be sure though.
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:12 am

Sounds good, I guess it probably will spool up quicker if the housing was cracked on one of the old turbos. Trackday! Just bring it down South, myself Keith and Jetslag will give it a good shake down for you lol!
Back to top Go down
Billy Bob
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Billy Bob

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:41 pm

Haha - you're on. Let's get the new year off to a flying start by planning a track day. Brands Hatch anyone? Still got Cadwell to try out too.
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:18 am

Ooh, a trackday you say? Interesting .....................

As the weather may be a consideration in January - what about Bedford GT? Lots of run off and cheap - Easytrack - 26th Jan £129 or 9th Feb £139 - both Saturdays Smile

There are other dates too with MSV. Its a bit of a hike but its somewhere new?

I can only see Brands Indy in January all during the week, although there is Cadwell on Sat 19th January for £119!!

Not that I've been looking of course ....................... Embarassed

First one to say 'off topic' gets a ginger hair dye kit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

Number of posts : 102

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:43 am

WELL DONE!

PS if anyone see Heath, tell him im looking for him! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Billy Bob
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Billy Bob

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:01 am

Jet Slag wrote:
PS if anyone see Heath, tell him im looking for him! cyclops

Fight! Fight! Fight!

How much are the tickets?
Back to top Go down
Keith
Not Posting fast enough to have a worthy name

Number of posts : 46

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:31 am

Who's this Heath chap he sounds like trouble and I hear he drives worse than Simon - surely not !

K
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:05 am

Keith wrote:
Who's this Heath chap he sounds like trouble and I hear he drives worse than Simon - surely not !

K

He is just a guy with a realy stupid name and even more stupid taste in cars Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skang

Number of posts : 38

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:48 am

yes, he potters round the tracks like an old man, and sometimes gets himself so confised he sits there going in never ending cirlces clown
Back to top Go down
Billy Bob
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Billy Bob

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:33 am

Skang wrote:
yes, he potters round the tracks like an old man, and sometimes gets himself so confised he sits there going in never ending cirlces clown

I know, it's sad, isn't it. Poor old bugger, I just don't know why we're so mean to him sometimes. The last track day when we saw him just sat there in that chair in the field all on his own muttering to himself with that burberry blacket draped on his knees and dribbling down his cheek. I love the guy, I really do.
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Billy Bob wrote:
I love the guy, I really do.

D'ya want him? Cheap price Laughing

J Smile
Back to top Go down
Billy Bob
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Billy Bob

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:50 pm

If push come to shove then I'd have to pass I'm afraid. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got it back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got it back!   Got it back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got it back!
Page 1 of 1