usual suspects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

usual suspects

Forum for Petrol Heads

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JUNE 14th CC Action Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-12-12

JUNE 14th CC Action Day Empty
PostSubject: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Anyone fancy it? Claire has to take Fergus swimming in am but would come over at lunch time with the boys. We are happy to put up everyone at ours to save money on hotels. Ive asked cc for a stand space....we will wait and see...we would need to book entry tickets and track time soon... although ive got the skyline back i have to run it in....if it isn't ready i'll take it and track the almera. Gazebo at ready. Add your name to the list if interested in coming along.....open invites to any others who may want to join us.......to fill our club out a bit Very Happy

1. Me Me Me
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 1:30 am

What a coincidence - I was going to contact Combe today about this too Smile

We are def up for it!! How many spaces have you asked for? I'll see if any of the DTA lot are up for it.

So:-

1. The Almera driving legend
2. That flippin Toymota driver
3. The woman that took (and I quote) 'the coolest pic of an N16 ever' Smile

(Please feel free to edit :lol)
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:25 am

There are a couple of people showing interest already on DTA Smile

I wonder if we can get £20 track time like the last Action Day?

Let us know when you here anything Simon Very Happy

Cheers,

Jane
Back to top Go down
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:03 am

Ok! they have space but are being funny about the type of cars on stands "it must be in keeping with the day"!!!! We can get track time direct, thats fine, they are just being funny about the cars of "official stands"

I need the following info:-
(PS if ive listed your car without your permission or even if you havent confirmed your attendance, ive done it to make us look bigger!)

Car Space
1. Nissan Skyline R32 GTR '92
2. Nissan Skyline R33 GTR '96
3. Audi S4 '98
4. Accord type-R '99
5. Toyota Supra '93
6. Toyota Celica '92

i must confirm car types and years before they will give us a stand. Please add/change the details. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:13 am

Ok. another email. I need to send off form before weekend. There may be £20 sessions. apparenty they sell the first 200 at £20 then the price goes up. do you think thats so they raise the £4,000 as their break even?!?!?!.

Please say yeah or nay to this meet please. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:18 am

Definite yes for us - I can always leave the Celica at home if it isn't 'retro' or 'sports' enough Smile

I have updated the thread on DTA and given a deadline of Midday tomorrow to let me know if anyone wants to come and what they will be bringing.

I guess we can then sort out tickets and track time next week?

Thanks for sorting Simon - I'll do the next one, I promise!!

Cheers,

Jane

/edited to say we have an RX7 '92 confirmed - he already has one track session but may be interested in more - and its pink Smile
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:54 am

Car Space
1. Nissan Skyline R32 GTR '92
2. Nissan Skyline R33 GTR '96
3. Audi S4 '98
4. Accord type-R '99
5. Toyota Supra '93
6. Toyota Celica '92
7. Mazda RX7 '92
8. Chevrolet Corvette '85
9. Honda Civic '88

Smile
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Oh yes me too please-hopefully will have the Pulsar ready by then if not will put up an attendance in the Audi.

Let us know Si if you need any help, I'm happy with just parking with the public.
But if we get special treatment on a stand then hell yeah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://usualsuspects.forumotion.com
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Cool. .......Cool.... P & S need to bring all 3 cars! Very Happy and where in the hell did Jane find a corvette??????????????? affraid
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Jet Slag wrote:
Cool. .......Cool.... P & S need to bring all 3 cars! Very Happy and where in the hell did Jane find a corvette??????????????? affraid

You'd be surprised what I can get my hands on Cool

Actually, it doesn't have an engine at the mo, but he's hoping to get it sorted in time lol

The rex and the civic (retro??) are definite as they already have track time booked - although they might want more potentially.

J
Back to top Go down
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:53 am

ok..... i'll send off that list today and see what response i get.....
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:31 am

Jane you take Rex to the Vette now Laughing
Si probably be just me again sorry-if James hasn't got his car sorted I'm sure Soraya won't mind him borrowing her car to drive down. Don't think she will let someone loose on the track with it, I mean I'm not allowed Sad
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:21 am

I should have a few more takers to fill up the stand.
Geof and his Cossie and maybe another pulsaR Very Happy
Sorry no more Toymotas allowed Razz
Back to top Go down
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:09 am

im chasing the peeps at combe... the right person isnt back til tuesday so our app' wont get processed til then..... so ive asked for track time anyway and that cant now be done as ive requested track time already! so.......................

........................ i will hopefully know on tuesday. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:38 am

Its Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! Ive a few problems this end...

The easy bit... Still not heard from CC so ive phoned them, again. They assure me that we are still ok but the application cant be signed off due to the person in charge being on leave. to confirm to you all, the form was with them the 26th May.

Ive requested £20 sessions in the 1. up to 11am 2. early afternoon, and 3. later pm. ideally as a minimum Me, Paul & Heath 3 sessions each = £60 each (bargain!)

The not easy bit... im not here!. My best man role has to attend a family stag/gathering for the grooms family that didnt go to Newquay. I knew about it, but had it in the diary for the week after.......also.......Claire has her sister staying the weekend, so she's tied up and we have no room at the inn!!!!

PS. Its raining here!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I am chasing CC again at lunch time and will let you know. On the saturday I will be going to CC in am with gazebo etc as i want one bloody session!... i dont need to be in Bristol for the groom 'til 12noon, so i wont need to leave 'til 11.30. Im then outta the picture. What we gonna do with the gazebo? can one of you run it back to ours?
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:51 am

Bloody hell Si, you do like to make things hard on yourself!! Well done for sorting it though cheers

Sorry to hear that you won't be there all day, but if you can't use all three sessions and James doesn't need them, there a couple of guys on DTA who are looking for more track time, so I expect we can sell them on.

We are taking two cars so will happily take the gazebo home for you - poor show that the Calne B&B is fully booked though affraid (just kidding, we were probably going to make this a one dayer anyway, as the parents are having Max this coming weekend already and we may be pushing our luck with two in a row Embarassed )

Let us know once you have heard from Combe and we'll get some money to you Smile

Cheers again,

Jane sunny
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:55 pm

Simon your a nutter Laughing Thanks for sorting it out once again.
You must invest in a diary, I think Soraya has a nice pink one you can have.
Keep us posted on Combe sessions as I am having last minute issues again with my
F***king Datsun, so am happy to buy sessions on the day if need be.
Back to top Go down
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 am

OK.....BREAKING NEWS.............

If my phone wasn't dead i'd call you all...........................and i cant find my charger....

TICKETS ARE HERE Very Happy

Now we need to ask for people to park on our stand!!!!! I have 11 FREE entry tickets and 11 car stand passes...

i was thinking, first five....

1. me
2. jane
3. heath
4. paul
5. claire

we now need to get confirmation from 6 others.....the free tickets are on condition of having a stand of cars for the public to look at!...i feel if we fail, it will have probs' on getting stand space next time.

The stand is just down and opposite from "satch green".

The sessions have been cut down for 3 to 2 each.

11.30 & 4.15

1.Heath x2 £40 owed
2.Paul x2 £40 owed
3. Me - NEED TO SELL x2 owes me £40!!

If you think enrty tickets are normally £8 in advance and sessions are £30, theres a huge saving to be had!!!!! all these years, we could have been saving money Rolling Eyes

Is it possible to chase those who would like to park on our stand and tell them, if they commit to parking with us that we will also give them a free entry ticket Very Happy

Im able to post them to you guys monday a.m.
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:49 am

I will be speaking to Geof my mechanic tomorrow also Steve the guy who maps my car, hopefully that will be two more.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Not Posting fast enough to have a worthy name
Not Posting fast enough to have a worthy name

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 3:51 am

I'll get Jane to chase and confirm with the Dorset Track Addict peeps - can't get on the site at the moment as at Jimbos and the DTA site is not easy to find by general search (yes the lightweights are still in bed !).

Not many will be available from that club aa a lot of them will be at Le Mans.

I do know there are two definites as they already have sessions booked (late 80's Civic and a pink RX7).

H
Back to top Go down
Jet Slag
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:35 am

okay, my plan. I wil go over early am and set up with the 'liner. Claire is taking F to a swimming lesson and will then drive over. We will swap cars, claire will stay at combe and i'll be buggering off.

Unless i hear otherwise i'll post three ticktes to paul (Paul, his mechanic and 1 other). i'll keep two for me and c. i may be able to get one other to come. the rest i'll post tonight to Jane to hand out.
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:47 am

Cheers Simon, so you not tracking at all now then?

I have confirmation from the two guys on DTA (the RX7 and the Civic) and am canvassing for any more, but it doesn't look very likely there will be any.

May have a buyer for your 11.30 slot too.

Cheers,

Jane
Back to top Go down
K9ng
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
K9ng

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:54 am

Simon Geof (mechanic) said he will take both sessions if you still have them.
Jane I will call you guys tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jane
I talk far too much shit
I talk far too much shit
Jane

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Here are our pics and videos ...................

http://www.hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/5191924_m5iny

The 4.15 Session - cut short by the Z4 crash

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b0VSOxve81g

The 1.15 Session

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HtH0gVGbNaI

The 11.30 Session

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QvY84vYGM2I

Cheers,

Jane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 14th CC Action Day   JUNE 14th CC Action Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JUNE 14th CC Action Day
Page 1 of 1